Saturday, June 28, 2008

Creativity Cafe Founders Corner: V.A.R.I.O.U.S. Media Ink; Visionary Artists Showcase and Networking Event

Creativity Cafe Founders Corner: V.A.R.I.O.U.S. Media Ink; Visionary Artists Showcase and Networking Event

Last night was kind of a non event. I arrive late with Marilyn to Akaku (Maui Public Access) where there was going to be a presentation about the encroachment of big business and political influence on squelching freedom of speech via the public access television station on Maui. There were about 60 people there. Unfortunately it was easier for Jay April who was presenting (and whom I worked with he first moved to Maui). But that's another story worth telling when the millionaire's money funding the project that involved another friend (Howard P) fell apart due to scandal.

I thought quickly since I couldn't send the video of our gathering as promoted and advertised. I managed to video record 4 segments of about an hour and some odd, before my hard drive filled up to the point of threatening to bring my Macbook Pro down. I was using a Canon ZR-70 Camera via firewire recording in BTV Pro. worked like a charm. Glad I had set the resolution to 320 x 240 as I usually operate at 5-8% headroom rather than the 10% recommended. i.e. if you have a 100GB HD, you leave 10GB free for use by the system for storing temp files and moving operating data around. I have posted the videos on our Blip.tv channel!

No comments: